Friday, October 20, 2006

Temppeliaukio Church


In June we went on our second cruise. An account of our first cruise can be found on http://www.geraldengland.co.uk/cr/.

I intend publishing an account of our 2006 cruise and have started a blog Baltic 2006. So far I've done about three-eighths of the journey. I shall do more when I get a breathing-space.

Meanwhile I came across a photograph from inside the rock church on Helsinki DP, so thought now was the time to share my photo of the Rock Church. Sari's photo is taken from the centre of the aisle, whilst mine from a point on the right.

Temppeliaukio Church was built in 1968-1969. It was designed by the architect brothers, Timo and Tuomo Suomalainen. The Lutheran church is built into solid rock.

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting! I wish I was going on a cruise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad to have discovered yours. I'm updating my blogroll this weekend and will add your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new blog looks fabulous - I will have to catch up on it this week. I've added it to my favorite links list on my site!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some photos of this place too. It really is incredible.

    ReplyDelete