Monday, July 21, 2008

Video of Gee Cross Well Dressing.



June 20th was the Well Dressing Ceremony at Gee Cross, Hyde, Cheshire.

At 2pm the Adamson Band led a procession around six well-sites.

At each site there was a blessing, followed by a verse and chorus of Onward Christian Soldiers. Afterwards there was a short service, entertainment and light refreshments in Hyde Chapel.

Photos of five of the sites can be found at Gee Cross Well Dressing 2008.

More about the history of the ceremony can be found on the Tameside Local History Forum website.

You also see my photographs of the 2006 Well Dressing.

One special photo of the band Reflection in Silver is on my photoblog.

2 comments:

  1. Oh such a good job I popped over Gerald, need to remind people no automatic music...
    your love of local history has really inspired me...I do hope you enjoy the next few weeks round the village!

    Dxx

    ReplyDelete