Saturday, May 17, 2014

Two swans at Bowness on Windermere


The MV Swan is a sister ship to MV Teal. She was constructed by Vickers Armstrong of Barrow-in-Furness on behalf of the LMS railway. The vessel made her maiden voyage on June 24th 1938 when she carried delegates to the 37th Annual Conference of the Municipal Tramways and Transport Association on a charter from Lakeside. Swan and Teal operate today under the Windermere Lake Cruises flag.

A contribution to Weekend Reflections;
Scenic Weekends;
Saturday Critters;
Our World Tuesday;
Wild Birds Wednesday.

11 comments:

  1. such beautiful waters - for both swans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The swan is greeting his namesake and posing for the tourists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shot especially with the real swan in the pic for OWT ~ xoxo

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only just returned from my walk across the Lake District but I am longing to return. Just can't get enough of those views.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I recognised that boat! I used to live on the edge of Windermere, near Lakeside. Nice to see it again.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just as I remembered it - both the ship and the lake. A place I can proudly say I have visited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat picture -- it took me a minute to find the second (bigger) swan ... first I had to read your words ;>)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty swans and scene.. I am catching up after being away. Thank you so much for linking up to my critter party. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete