Sunday, June 21, 2015
Church gone Bonkerz
Eglwys Crist/Christ Church in Llandudno dates from 1858 and was built originally as the Welsh Annibynwyr/Congregational chapel. It was first shared with English Congregationalists (later the United Reformed Church) but was relinquished to them when a Welsh chapel was built in Deganwy Avenue. It is an imposing Gothic style building with 18 very beautiful stained glass windows. Its spire was removed after storm damage.
Dwindling congregations eventually led to this listed building being sold and the church now houses the Bonkerz Fun Centre.
A contribution to Inspired Sundays.