Friday, May 07, 2010

Friday Bench (37): St Anne's on the Sea


After the disappointment of our failed holiday to Jersey, we got away for the long Mayday weekend to St Anne's on the Sea. I took in excess of 150 photographs and am only slowly now going through them.

So for starters here is a bench I found near the Lifeboat station. The plaque on the bench reads:

A DEAR DAD
ARNOLD S WRIGHT
1924 - 2006
WHILE I'M AWAY
OH PLEASE REMEMBER ME

Who placed the flowers there that day, I do not know.

This was the view from Arnold's bench over the beach past the dog walkers and across the Ribble estuary towards Southport.

1 comment:

  1. In France, I never saw a memory bench like this one. I already saw this in englsh countries. I find it a very beautyful idea to keep the memory of someone..Thank you for sharing.Even if you did not go to Jersey, you had a beautyful time there..

    ReplyDelete