Sunday, July 12, 2015
St Mary's, Trefriw, Conwy Valley, Wales
A church was built here about 1230 by Llewelyn ap Iorwerth as a chapel of ease for his wife, Joan, who was the daughter of England's King John, as she found the trek up the hill to Llanrhychwyn church too tiring. The church was entirely remodelled in the 15th, 16th and 19th Centuries and no part of the original church now remains except possibly part of the wall of the south aisle.
A contribution to Inspired Sundays.